Nigeria

I want to get marriage to one of them.. i'm as and he is as by genotype.. the other one is hiv positive but undetectable viral load. which 1 is better?

Neither, because...: A woman should not have the choice of marrying one of two men, but should have the choice of whether or not to marry one man. If she decides "no", the she can consider another man. If an AS (sickle carrier) has children with another sickle carrier, they can do prenatal testing to avoid having SS (sickle disease) babies. They would have to approve of modern technology and therapeutic abortions.
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 58 years experience
A dilemma: Most relationships work out best when based on compatibility and thus the choices are only yours to make. Having said that, I would be concerned over the HIV positive partner's health status especially if the disease was transmitted via IV drugs. In the final analysis, only you alone can make the decision. (By the way, what do you mean by AS genotype- is it related to alpha 1-antitrypsin?)
Last updated Feb 8, 2016