i think i'm manic and i have to wait until at least monday to have it confirmed. i would like to talk to a specialist about this before then. if you're specialised in mania and read this before monday 8th, please contact me for a consult.

3 doctor answers
Dr. Louise Andrew
45 years experience Emergency Medicine
You must initiate: any formal consult. If you are worried that you might do something dangerous before Monday, then please go to an Emergency Department and ask for help. Meanwhile, don't drink, do any drugs unless you have prescription medicine to prevent mania, and be very careful with yourself. Don't go shopping, partying, etc. You are quite vulnerable right now. And be sure to keep your appointment Monday.
Answered on May 12, 2016
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
32 years experience Neurology
Referring Question: I am a neurologist and not a psychiatrist but will refer your question to a psychiatrist who will answer you hopefully this weekend. I will tell you that it is often the case that psychiatric conditions are best diagnosed once neurological & other conditions have been ruled out. If you'd like to consult with me with this in mind write me at: www.healthtap.com/dr-drsaghafi Key Code: PDXFNR
Answered on Apr 25, 2016
Dr. Patricia Foster
43 years experience Psychiatry
Best to see MD: You should be seen in person as soon as possible by a psychiatrist to evaluate and diagnose your mental state. Diagnosing mania can be complicated, requiring a detailed history, physical and mental status exam. Tell a family member or trusted friend how you feel, ask them to go with you to urgent care or ER without delay. Mania is treatable. See: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/bipolar-disorder-in-adults/index.shtml Be safe. I hope this helps.
Answered on May 12, 2016