LA

When i take a heavy breath my left back side where my lungs and ribs are hurt like a sore really painful feeling , can you please tell what's happenin?

Dr. David Dantes
General Practice 49 years experience
See your doctor: Pain in the back of the chest, when taking a deep breath, can be caused by several conditions. The ribs or muscles might be sore, but they should also be sore when you push on the spot. The lining of the lung ("pleura") may also be inflamed, and this is usually a sharper kind of pain. It would be wise to let your doctor examine you and possibly order tests to determine the exact cause.