A year ago i had a pulmonary embolism since then my right side of chest has been sore and unable to get a deep breath most of the time.recently i've been feeling tightness in my right and left side of my chest and my upper back swollen left side ches?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Joseph Marra answered

Specializes in Radiology

A pulmonary embolism is Blood clot, (usually originating from the veins of the legs), it breaks off, travels past the right side of the heart and lodges within the pulmonary arteries. Symptoms include severe shortness of breath (even death), increased heart rate and respiratory rate, chest pain and others. Its possible the clot did not resolve, you had another, or maybe related to heart itself.

Answered 7/9/2021

0 views

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh answered

Specializes in Pediatric Allergy and Asthma

You may be at risk for a recurrence. Please follow up. Consider a D Dimer and a scan. Watch for signs of shortness of breath. Other causes include asthma, pneumonia and muscular strain.

Answered 7/10/2021

0 views