New Zealand

I think i broke/chipped my elbow 2 years ago. now my fingers are tingly and the elbow is very painful. is there anything that can be done so long afte?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Yes: Almost certainly something can be done. It sounds like you may have involvement of the ulnar or median nerve and it is usually reasonably straight forward to address that surgically. Don't hesitate to be seen.
Dr. David Lipkin
Ulnar Neuropathy?: If the tingling is only in the 4th and 5th fingers and also only in that side of the hand you may have an Ulnar Neuropathy or Cubital Tunnel Syndrome. If so, see> http://bit.ly/1gJU36u Don't rest your elbow on a desk or arm chair for any length of time. See your physician if the problem continues or if your symptoms are different from the Cubital Tunnel Syndrome.
Dr.
Elbow.: Have you had any pain all along these 2 years, if not then it is unlikely to be related. people can have inflammatory conditions around the elbow joint like bursitis, tendonitis which can cause some irritation of the ulnar nerve and cause irritation. se your GP for examination of the elbow to look for the cause of your symptoms.
Dr.
Ulnar nerve?: If your symptoms have been persistent since your injury it may be that the ulnar nerve has been affected. In this case there may be surgical options to reduce pressure on the nerve. However nerve injuries are often not possible to fix. I would suggest a physical examination with your GP +/- referral to Orthopaedics for further clarity.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017