U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
New York, NY
A 21-year-old female asked:

I have excessive phlegm/mucus coming from my throat that i spit out a couple times an hour. happening for about 5 years now. any otc meds i can take?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Cornelius Oleary
A Verified Doctoranswered
Urgent Care 20 years experience
Need exam: You need to go for a full exam with a physician. A physician needs to know your full medical history, medications, allergies, family and social history, and ask other questions before they do a physical exam and possibly refer you to specialists. You need to have this problem diagnosed. Do you smoke? If you do, stop smoking immediately. It helps us here on healthtap if you list history. Good luck.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Feb 6, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.