My knee has been driving me crazy. I work for a group of orthopaedic surgeons. Is it kosher for me to ask one of them to take a quick look at it, or is that weird?

Dr. Marlon Twyman
Specializes in Family Medicine
Can be inappropriate: Asking one of the physicians you work for is not appropriate because it can lead to bias and also puts them in an uncomfortable position. It would be best for you to ask them for a referral recommendation, if they say that it's ok for one of their physicians to become yours then make an appointment. You should always see them as a patient.
Answered on Jan 25, 2016
1