U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 18-year-old female asked:

Is there a way to be sure i have an anxiety problem ? i've talked to my dr about it but he directs me in an condescending manner . if so , please help

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Rick Barnett
Clinical Psychology 19 years experience
Try this: If one struggles with symptoms of anxiety, there are ways to learn more about it. Try to remain non-judgmental and avoid labeling oneself as 'having' anxiety. Some may feel relieved to have a name and a cluster of symptoms with known patterns to label their suffering. That's a good thing so long as it self-limiting. Try this: http://psychologytoday.tests.psychtests.com/take_test.php?idRegTest=1597
Dr. Steven Griggs
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
Here's a reference: to do this yourself: http://www.psychologyproductsandservices.com/page2.html You might also check out depression, as anxiety comes along for the ride in 75% of major depression cases. In either case, you need to work with a mental health pro to guide you.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 10, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.