Brick, NJ

what's better to get rid of fluid in ear, antihistamine or decongestant? tried nasal sprays but they don't work and seem to make me dizzy

Dr. Yash Khanna
Decongestants: Fluid in the middle ear is more common in children but can happen sometime in adults.It is usually due to drainage problem in Eustachian tube and Decongestants oral or Steroid nasal drops will help clear it, In children it does clears up in most cases and if persists and causing Hearing loss sometimes we put tubes in the drum to drain the fluid Some will recommend Antihistamines if there is allerg