hi my tsh 3rd generation result is 100. i have always been overweight and have recently gained a little bit of weight. have irregular periods and recently there has been issue of constipation. it seems i would fall into the category of hypo-thyroidism. am

Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
I'm not sure what: ..units are being used to measure your TSH level, but 100??? In the USA, the standard value that labs use to measure TSH is microunits/ml and normal values range from 0.4 to 4.0 microunits/ml. If you're TSH is 100 mcu/ml, then definitely something's wrong with your thyroid or the hormones regulating it. This test result requires follow up and either clarification or treatment.
Answered on Jul 20, 2017