Bozeman, MT

Ribs (8, 9,10) hurt to touch on right side. i haven't exercised or pulled a muscle. what could cause this tenderness?(my back & spine hurt often too).

Dr. Krishna Kumar
Costochondritis: I understand your distress. “Ribs (8, 9,10) hurt to touch on right side” is likely due to inflammation of the cartilage, cartilage and ligaments in the rib joining the rib to the sternum. Stress can make pain intense. See Orthopedic Physician for Diagnosis, have X-rays needed and Physical Therapy. See Psychiatrist for Therapy to cope with the pain, Relaxation and Medication.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 3, 2019