U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
New Britain, CT
A 26-year-old female asked:

The muscles around lower back, neck, spine, shoulders, shoulder blades, & ribs hurt. have tried pt/hot/cold/exercise/meds - no help. what should i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Moshe Lewis
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 27 years experience
Consider Massage &PT: the first thing we need to figure out is why. We need to learn more about your spine, do an exam, get xrays and learn more about your work, sports and trauma if any. Many people see a Chiropractor or sports medicine doc who will do an exam and get imaging. If massage, stretching and exercise dont help a formal course of Physical therapy may be appropriate. If all this fails an MRI is indicated.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 9, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.