U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
MD
A female asked:

Yesterday i found my 4 year old sucking on a aa battery. there were tiny dent marks but not broken. no burns. today he has a mild fever. related?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alexander Blinski
Family Medicine 15 years experience
I would say likely: Likely unrelated, but the acid in a battery could have caused oral damage to the mouth (temporarily) that could make the child uncomfortable and cranky. If there is any chance the child swallowed the battery, X-ray and evaluation are needed immediately as there are some dangerous risks with "battery ingestion". www.bmednyc.com

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Free
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Free
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 24, 2016

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.