U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Buffalo, NY
A 39-year-old male asked:

I was prescribed.75 clonazepam for insomnia at bed time 3 month ago. i developed depression and anxiety from the pill so is there another alternative for me? i need to sleep as well as not being depressed and there is also concern of withdrawal. help

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Cornelius Oleary
A Verified Doctoranswered
Urgent Care 20 years experience
You'll be fine: The dose of Clonazepam you were prescribed is a low dose. The best thing you can do in this situation is call the doctor who prescribed you the medicine and let him or her know your concerns or reactions to it. There are several types of medication for depression. You should speak with a Psychiatrist to get some help. Another thing to remember is to think positively and believe you will improve.
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 51 years experience
See Your doctor: As you know, none of these medicines(controlled substances) can be prescribed on the phone,. You can only get them through your doctor. So go see the doctor who has given you Clonazepam and plead with him/her and follow the advice given to you. You need a regular physician/psychiatrist to help you for the long haul.
Last updated Dec 25, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.