Lehigh Acres, FL

dr wants me to increase my dose of clonazepam from 1mg to 2mg daily. have very bad anxiety and depression. but the more the dose the worse withdrawal?

Dr. Krishna Kumar
Anxiety, Clonazepam: I understand your discomfort. Conazepam is a medication for Anxiety. It is not for Depression. It is habit forming, therefore it has risk of withdrawal symptoms. Medication with Psychotherapy is more beneficial. Use Breathing and Music Relaxation, Yoga, Meditation and Tai Chi.. See a Psychiatrist for Diagnosis, Therapy for stress in your life and discuss not to increase dose of Clonazepam.
Dr. James Marx
Pain Management 48 years experience
You are correct: I would speak to your doctor and see if other anxiety medication could be tried before increasing the Klonopin (clonazepam). These other classes of meds might help more with your depression, also.

Last updated Jan 18, 2016