Dr wants me to increase my dose of clonazepam from 1mg to 2mg daily. have very bad anxiety and depression. but the more the dose the worse withdrawal?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Krishna Kumar answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

I understand your discomfort. Conazepam is a medication for Anxiety. It is not for Depression. It is habit forming, therefore it has risk of withdrawal symptoms. Medication with Psychotherapy is more beneficial. Use Breathing and Music Relaxation, Yoga, Meditation and Tai Chi.. See a Psychiatrist for Diagnosis, Therapy for stress in your life and discuss not to increase dose of Clonazepam.

Answered Jan 18, 2016

2.2k views