A member asked:

Sleep doc switched me from ambien (zolpidem) to ambien (zolpidem) cr. i told him ambien (zolpidem) wasn't working any longer. he also put me back on trazodone 150 which i told him stopped working in sept. kept me on klonopin 1 mg. confused by his actions?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Krishna Kumar answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

I understand your need to have good sleep. Trazodone is a medication for Depression, Klonopin for Anxiety, Ambien (zolpidem) and Ambien (zolpidem) CR for sleep problem which loses its effectiveness after 3-4 weeks. Medications ineffectiveness indicates need for Diagnosis, Therapy by a Psychiatrist for stresses in life which could be relationship, marriage, separation, unresolved painful feelings; medication as needed

Answered May 3, 2020



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Dean Giannone answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

That seems to be a pretty heavy regimen for sleep inset and maintenance. I would agree with any of those three in isolation, but the combination is pretty heavy.

Answered Nov 27, 2017



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor