IN

A year ago i sprained my ankle. i went to another doctor a week ago and he said my ankle looks fine. it gets swollen & hurts & get a warm feeling ?

Dr. Stuart Plotkin
Podiatry 42 years experience
Possible gout: It could be a few things such as traumatic arthritis, a new injury or gout. If it is red hot and swollen gout is possible. Need bloodwork and perhaps a new x-ray of the ankle
Dr. Marc Foucher
Podiatry 29 years experience
New X-rays.: If your ankle is still troubling you one year after a bad sprain you most likely have ligament damage. Start with updated X-rays and if you are considering surgical treatment options an MRI would be indicated to view the ligaments. An X-ray will not show ligaments. A sprain is quite simply a stretching or pulling of the ligaments between the bones. See a Board certified Podiatrist.

Last updated Dec 9, 2015