Norfolk, VA

I sprained my ankle the night of 10/19/19 and my ankle is still very stiff, slightly swollen, and hurts. i haven't been doing the abc exercises as much as the doctor recommended, but i am very active at work and walk frequently. is this normal?

Dr. Richard Romano
Ankle sprain : An ankle sprain can heal, but if someone is walking on it excessively or not doing the proper therapies it can heal often in two ways scaring or weakening of the ligaments. This can cause long term weakening of the ankle or reduced range of motion.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 11, 2019