A member asked:

Have a small bump below skin (pea size, gets bigger when i bend back). the area has a black and blue mark above thebump hurts now and then.what is it?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Julie Abbott answered

Specializes in Preventive Medicine

The most likely: explanation is that you have a benign lipoma (fatty accumulation below the skin) with, coincidentally, a bruise near it. But there are some more serious kinds of bleeding or skin problems that have an ecchymosis or bruise associated with them. It would be best if you could have your doctor or a skin specialist/Dermatologist take a look at this. Make an appointment. Good wishes:)

Answered 11/28/2017



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question