i have been feeling my heartbeat in my stomach, is that normal? sometimes when im laying on my back i can see my hearbeat or put my hand on my stomach

Dr. Brian Clear
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Yes: Yes, people who are thin can often feel pulsations of the aorta which runs from the heart down through the abdomen then splits and supplies blood to the legs. When lying down your intestines settle to the sides, allowing the aorta to be felt while it usually cannot while standing. However, in a person who is over 60 and a smoker, if this feeling is new it would to be checked for an aneurism.
Answered on Nov 28, 2017
1