My son, kevin, had a bad reaction to concerta 36mg. severe anxiety, fast heart beat, cold sweats, clammy hands and shaking, stomach tightening and nausea feeling. lexamil 10mg was prescribed alongside for depression.

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Is he diagnosed with ADHD? Since ADHD is very over-diagnosed I would wonder how much care was put into insuring the diagnosis was correct. Was he started on a dose of 36 mg or was he started on a lower dose and titrated upwards? Concerta is a stimulant but it usually slows down people with ADHD and accelerates most other people.

Answered Aug 6, 2020

55 views