Clarksdale, MS

why does it feel like my food get stuck before it gets to my esophagus and my neck hurts when i eat i constantly throw up my food. what could this be?

Dr. Cornelius Oleary
GI doctor: That is a great question. It would be wise for you to visit your doctor. There are several reasons that this can occur. Your physician will evaluate you and determine whether a swallow study is necessary. There could be a narrowing of your esophagus or a stricture, and a Gastroenterologist, a "GI doctor" is the best specialist to determine the cause for you. They can use a camera to scope you.