I feel like there is something stuck in my esophagus. i can drink liquids but when i try to eat solid foods it feels like it gets stuck and i have to clear my throat and drink water for relief. my dr. told me to wait it out, is this the right advise?

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Depends: A variety of details that are not apparent play in and watchful waiting is in many instances an option. If symptoms persist or worsen more specialized workup including an upper endoscopy may be needed.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 12, 2020