Port Richey, FL

should i be concerned that my qtc number was 608 with a heart rate at 117? the doctor confirmed my ecg and now i'm waiting to see a cardiologist.

Dr. Alan Heldman
Cardiology 33 years experience
Long QT: The QT interval (and QT corrected for heart rate, QTc) is a measurement from the EKG. If accurate, your 608 is long and deserves further investigation. Seeing a cardiologist is appropriate and you might look for someone expert in inherited and other causes of long QT. It matters because some of these are associated with risk of arrhythmias. Also look at the lists online of QT-prolonging drugs.
Dr. Alan Heldman
Cardiology 33 years experience
Provided original answer
You said you are having episodes of heart racing and nearly fainting. It sounds like you may be having a potentially dangerous arrhythmia. This should be urgently evaluated by a cardiologist!!
Nov 24, 2015