I went to a new doctor yesterday for an ear infection, sore throat, and chest pains. they did an ekg and said asked me if i had had a heart attack. i explained to them that my former doctor sent me to a cardiologist for mitralcardial prolapse-not sure abo

Dr. Joy Jackson
You : You need to see a cardiologist. You may have to go through your primary care doctor first. You will need something called a stress test. This is a test where you walk on a treadmill or are give medications to "stress" your heart. The test will provide information about wheter or not you may have blockage in your arteries. From there the doctors can decide on further diagnostic tests. In addition to the stress test you will also need a picture of your heart (basically an ultrasound) this can be done with the stress test or separately. Regardless you need to be followed by a cardiologist. If all is fine, then your symptoms can likely be attributed to your anxiety disorder. Best of luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Creighton Wright
surgery 58 years experience
Abnormal EKG: Needs clarification. Silent heart attacks do occur. Knowing status for sure is important to your exercize, life style, etc. Get the prior reports and ekgs for comparison.
Last updated Oct 3, 2017