A member asked:

I went to a new doctor yesterday for an ear infection, sore throat, and chest pains. they did an ekg and said asked me if i had had a heart attack. i explained to them that my former doctor sent me to a cardiologist for mitralcardial prolapse-not sure abo

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Joy Jackson answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

You : You need to see a cardiologist. You may have to go through your primary care doctor first. You will need something called a stress test. This is a test where you walk on a treadmill or are give medications to "stress" your heart. The test will provide information about wheter or not you may have blockage in your arteries. From there the doctors can decide on further diagnostic tests. In addition to the stress test you will also need a picture of your heart (basically an ultrasound) this can be done with the stress test or separately. Regardless you need to be followed by a cardiologist. If all is fine, then your symptoms can likely be attributed to your anxiety disorder. Best of luck.

Answered 10/3/2017


Dr. Creighton Wright answered

Specializes in surgery

Abnormal EKG: Needs clarification. Silent heart attacks do occur. Knowing status for sure is important to your exercize, life style, etc. Get the prior reports and ekgs for comparison.

Answered 5/19/2013



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor