hi! when ever i talk or chew it feels like something in my ear moves, or "pops"...my wisdom tooth is also coming in but this pop thing is new?

6 doctor answers
Dr. Gary Chapman
35 years experience Orthodontics
Possible TMJ issue: Sounds like you may be developing a TMJ ( jaw joint) issue. These have a tendency to appear in the female population usually around puberty, but can occur later. I would recommend an occlusion (how your teeth fit) review from your dentist or an orthodontist to see if there is a dental fit problem, which commonly accompanies or can be the cause. Avoid challenging foods until you have and exam.
Answered on Oct 23, 2017
3
Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
51 years experience Dentistry
Popping feeling: This sounds like an issue developing in the TMJ. This may be the result of bruxism (chronic teeth grinding and/or clenching), or a problem with your bite. See your dentist for an exam and evaluation.
Answered on Nov 18, 2015
Dr. Thomas Yash
46 years experience Dentistry
TMJ noise: Hearing a popping in or near your ear may be from the tube that runs between your ear and throat area but it is more likely from your TMJ or jaw joint in front of your ear. This crepitation or noise can occur primarily from a piece of tissue catching between the jaw and skull. It may stay or can go away depending on the cause. It is common and often harmless. Your dentist can check it out for you.
Answered on Nov 18, 2015
Dr. Arnold Malerman
53 years experience Orthodontics
TMJ: Coincidental. Wisdom tooth problem & popping (TMJ) may be related, but more probably coincidental and concurrent. For example the TMJ dysfunction may be due to malocclusion. Please see an Oral Surgeon to start.
Answered on Nov 19, 2015
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
36 years experience Dentistry
Tmj: You should see ad mist to have your TMJ and your wisdom Edith evaluated. A popping sound may indicate a problem with the disc between your skull and jawbone. A prosthodontist, well trained general dentist or some oral surgeons can evaluate the jaw, grinding, stress, bite to determine what s going n.
Answered on Nov 19, 2015
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
36 years experience Pain Management
TMJ syndrome: is the second most frequent cause of facial pain after dental pain. Ear fullness, earache, face pain, neck pain and jaw pain are the common symptoms. See Orofacial Pain specialist for a consultation and treatment options.
Answered on Nov 19, 2015