U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 67-year-old female asked:

My medulla oblongata extends too far into my neck. i am told it is a birth anomaly. i have head and neck pains. is there any treatment - non invasive?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 63 years experience
Neurosurgeon: I believe that a neurosurgeon is best qualified to answer your question as he/she is certainly acquainted with the anatomy of the area in question and may be able to offer some nonsurgical options for your problem.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 18, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.