New Zealand

i am on abilify, (aripiprazole) i'd like to lose weight though. is it best to exercise (on my cross-trainer - that is falling apart - but that's another story) in the morning or at night?

Dr. Krishna Kumar
Abilify (aripiprazole) effects: I commend you for your desire to have good Health. Abilify (aripiprazole) can increase weight, increase Blood Sugar, and alters in lipids. See Physician for Diagnosis, have comprehensive Blood Chemistry done, discuss Balanced Diet 1500 Cal/day Exercise Program including cross-trainer. Be disciplined, set small goals; feel good about your accomplishments. See Psychiatrist for Therapy and monitoring Abilify (aripiprazole).
Dr. Matthew Smith
Controversy: If Abilify (aripiprazole) has resulted in metabolic changes and weight gain, then the situation with respect to time of exercise is no different compared to someone not taking Abilify (aripiprazole). Exercise studies have suggested a slight advantage to exercising on an empty stomach -- typically early morning. But it is only slight. Better to favor the time that permits you to stick to it.