FL

I do not know if dental implants or a rpd is in my future. how long after bone grafting do i have to make up my mind before reabsorption occurs?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
Ideally 4-6 months: The rule is 4-6-8. Ideally 4-6 months, but not longer than 8. The longer you wait, the bone starts atrophy,density and height starts to decrease. Hope it helps.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
About a year,: Give or take. That does not mean you cannot wait longer, its just that the bone is slowly resorbing and the volume may not be present when you do decide to have implants placed.
Dr. Andres Carbunaru
Dentistry - Prosthodontics 25 years experience
3 months: Ask your dentist, but normally you have around 3 month after bone grafting to place the implants ( of course it depends on area of the mouth, type and materials of bone grafting, etc)
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 42 years experience
Depends: Depends on the type of grafting material and location related to loading stress of eating. General consensus is restoration within 1 year.