i'm on buspirone for anxiety and was just prescribed 40mg twice a day of propranolol to help with my gad and heart rate. my dr knows i have asthma. ?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Susan Arnoult
Probably OK: Propranolol probably won't exacerbate your asthma in any significant way. If you have moderate or severe asthma it may be more of an issue. You can give it a try and see if there's any problem. Or ask your doctor if you can try a calcium channel blocker instead (not as effective).
Answered on May 11, 2016
1
Dr. Krishna Kumar
54 years experience Psychiatry
Acute Anxiety: I understand your concern Anxiety is due to Stress and Asthma medications. Which can increase heart rate. Buspirone is for anxiety . Having Propranolol with Buspirone may have headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, See a Physician for Asthma; Psychiatrist for Diagnosis, Medication interactions, benefits and side effects, dose, triggers of Asthma and Therapy for stress in your life.
Answered on Jul 3, 2016
1
Dr. Andrew Berry
13 years experience Clinical Psychology
Anxiety: In addition to your physical ailments, I hear a great deal of anxiety and worry in your question. Are you seeking psychotherapy? Medications only work up to a point. The real work comes in the consulting room of a reputable psychotherapist.
Answered on May 11, 2016
1