LA

I was playing with my brother and i hit my pinky finger on something. it is not swollen or bruised it just hurts to move or bend it. whats with it?

Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Sprained or broke: The only way to tell for sure is to have it xrayed. If the finger doesn't looke deformed/angled, if you can safely protect it from further injury, you could wait a week and see if it gets better. If not then get an xray, since if it's broke you know how long to heal. Protect it with a splint or by buddy taping to the ring finger, until you know if it's better. Also tell your parent.
Last updated Jun 4, 2016