50 mg tramadol opiate n show in urine test for opiate?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Carisa Hines
20 years experience Palliative Care
Urine drug screen: Tramadol may turn up in a drug screen depending on how extensive the panel of drug requested. It is not an opioid, and should not show up as such. However, prior to any drug screen, it's important to inform your tester of what prescription drugs you're currently taking. If you're taking tramadol that is not prescribed to you, I suggest that you seek drug/addiction counseling.
Answered on Oct 11, 2017
2
Dr. Thomas Mcgowan
Specializes in Family Medicine
Depends: if the urine test is not specifically looking for tramadol and just opiates, no it will not. I would tell your doctor or employee all meds and vitamins you take before the test to have full disclosure. Honesty is the best policy.
Answered on Oct 15, 2015