United Kingdom (Great Britain)

How can i cure this red, itchy round rash on both sides of my hips? im a builder so i work outside in the cold a lot and wear thermal trousers

Dr. Rashid Khan
Jock itch: See a physician as it is difficult to diagnose skin lesions without an exam. My guess is tinea cruris, a fungal infection of the groin, buttocks and genital area a. .Jock itch causes an itchy, red, often ring-shaped rash in these warm, moist areas of your body. Jock itch gets its name because it is common in people who sweat a lot, as do athletes. It usually respond to topical anti fungals cream.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Emily Altman
Dermatology 29 years experience
Rash on hips: Eczema is commonly seen on hips particularly in cold weather. Eczema is red/pink and scaly and can be very itchy. If eczema is mild, moisturizers like petroleum jelly or a fragrance-free dye-free cream 2-3 times a day may help. Over the counter cortisone creams may help as well, however, you have to make sure it is not something like a fungal infection that can look very similar to eczema.
Last updated Jun 17, 2018