Rome, New York

pea sized lump under skin on tricep. very light green blue, just like my veins. i think a vein runs right by it. primary doc not concerned but i am.

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
Blocked gland?: A sebaceous cyst is a collection of oily fluid that occurs when an oil gland is blocked. Some folks are more prone to them than other and they often appear on the neck, shoulders, and back. Try to avoid skin products that are oily. I would also stay away from transfats and bad oils, which is good for overall health. Saunas and sweating may help a bit although i don't of data. Ask doc about it.
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
Very close Vein.: The pea sized lump that you describe sounds like a small varicosity. Varicose veins come in all shapes and sizes, and you have a pea sized one. It could be clotted or not. It is probably best to watch it for a while, but if you are concerned, seek advice from a vein specialist.

Last updated May 29, 2016