Springfield, IL
A 19-year-old male asked about a 19-year-old male:

i ate cashews and noticed there's nuts in my stool? how can i know if i have malabsorption? my stool is mainly yellow, thin(changes) not solid and mucus. sometime floats also having weird symptoms

Dr. Richard Zimon
STOP being: a STOOL WATCHER!!!!! MANY substances pass into the stool unchanged (eg nuts , corn, etc) and mucous is a NORMAL part of stool (excreted by an irritated colon) "Floating " is due to FAT ingestion! So COME ON NOW!!!! STOP WATCHING and if you CAN'T discuss this with your Primary Care Provider (PCP) Hope this helps! Dr Z