Dearborn, MI

Egd stomach scope scheduled for 28th sept. my gi problems n symptoms has worsened. including weight loss of 10 pound in just one week. can i ask for scope to be done sooner. is it legit reason ?

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
GI: Try and get in before the scheduled 28th. If you can't get in but have those worsened symptoms please have someone take you to the nearest Emergency facility.
Dr. David Lipkin
Don't wait 5 days: If you really lost 10 pounds in a week I assume you have not been eating or drinking or you have severe vomiting and/or diarrhea. As such you are likely dehydrated and should be feeling ill at this point and I would not wait 5 days to see a physician. See if you can see your GI now, and if not, you should go to the ER for evaluation.

Last updated Mar 1, 2016