NY

hi doc, i have a small wound on the side of my big toe next to the nail that will not heal. i cover it with neosporin and a bandaid twice a day.

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
Start Now, not later: Normally, small open wounds are not a problem, but when they will not heal, then you must take action. These small wounds, given time, can become large, troublesome wounds. Some potential concerns are blood supply to the toe, history of diabetes, infection and irritation of the wound. More than likely, this problem ends when these concerns are investigated, identified and corrected by a doctor.
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Plastic Surgery 46 years experience
See Podiatrist and Primary doc for ingrown and R/O DM.
Sep 22, 2015