Randallstown, MD

My doctor told me i have a yeast infection and gave me a prescription can me having a yeast infection at 37weeks pregnant hurt my baby ? what is yeast

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Should be OK: Yeast is a fungus-like germ that is normal in the intestines and vagina, which sometimes grows to increased numbers, with symptoms like itching and irritation, sometimes with discharge. It isn't likely to harm the baby; treatment is mostly for your comfort, and your doctor wouldn't have prescribed treatment if it isn't safe. But if in doubt, contact the doctor's office.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 11, 2015