A member asked:

I can't swallow my own saliva? and i can't catch a good breath?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Charles Saha answered

Specializes in Gastroenterology

Dysphagia: I would recommend that see an Ear, Nose and throat specialist. They can evaluate if the nature of the problem comes from the throat area or further down from the esophagus. At that point, the ENT will likely refer you to a gastroenterologist.

Answered 7/24/2018


Dr. Dimitri Novitzky answered

Specializes in Thoracic Surgery

Dysphasia: Are You short of breath? And if you say to me that you cannot swallow your saliva, you should go and see your primary care physician to order imaging test, this may be a quite benign condition or a very serious one. Schedule an appointment as soon as possible

Answered 9/9/2015



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question