Norcross, GA
A 43-year-old female asked:

Under the right rib pain lost over 20lbs in 3 months always have heartburn barley can eat bland food pain goes to my back i have no idea what th?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Andrew Seibert
Gastroenterology 37 years experience
Weight loss and pain: There is not enough detail here to figure out what is causing your pain, but the unexpected weight loss that you have had is a concerning symptom. That amount of weight loss warrants a work up to determine it's cause. You should see your doctor or a gastroenterologist immediately. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Satish Sundar
Pediatrics 36 years experience
Yes, you do need to see your doctor right away to be safe and do a full evaluation.
Sep 3, 2015
Last updated Sep 3, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.