my wisdom teeth does this weird thing where they peek through my gums, but then go back into my gums. what does that mean? can i still get them pulled

2 doctor answers
Dr. David Eidman
36 years experience Dentistry
Gum tissue growth: Your gum tissue is thinly covering your wisdom teeth. Every now and then it thins out to the point of exposing the tooth. Then, it grows back over. you can certainly have them extracted. In fact, it is probably the prudent thing to do. It is possible to develop a gum infection in the area if the situation continues.
Answered on Jan 13, 2016
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
Wisdom teeth: Gum tissue infected and swelling around partially impacted wisdom teeth. Ask your General Dentist for the best wisdom tooth specialist, an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, in your area. Please see Oral Surgeon before your chronic problem becomes an acute problem.
Answered on Mar 15, 2016