United Kingdom

i have been kicked on the outside of my ankle which is now swollen. hard to weight bare and movement/rotation is limited.

Dr. Corinne Kauderer
Wound care 36 years experience
Kicked ankle: The outside of your ankle can be injured by a kick that can bruise the ankle bone or malleolus plus there are tendons that course there and there's a neuro vascular bundle. Go see a Podiatrist and have it examined with X-rays taken to rule out a fracture. Rest,Ice,Compression,Elevation is advised. Stay off it too and use crutches or a cane.
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
You are Normal.: Swelling has a way of causing pain and restricting movement. It should, it is natures way of immobilizing the injury so the body can go into its repair mode. Start the RICE treatment. Rest, Ice, Compression (mild) and Elevation. Give it a day or two and see how it responds. If there is still a concern then have it evaluated by a specialist.