France

I'm in my 3rd week of helicobacter treatment and experiencing some heartburn for the first time in my life. is this normal ? how much time does it needs to heal ? ( what should do ? ) 10 days antibiotics , 4 weeks ppi , stomach pain mostly gone)

Dr. Susan Arnoult
Tums (calcium carbonate): I would continue the PPI and follow up with the GI specialist as directed to test for cure of the h.pylori. In the meantime, you could take some Tums (calcium carbonate) or Mylanta for the heartburn. If that doesn't help then I would see your doctor or urgent care sooner.

Last updated Aug 23, 2015