U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Lawsonville, NC
A 40-year-old female asked:

What is a good alternative to prilosec for gerd. i dont want to take anymore ppis , weaning off prilosec caused me to many polyps in stomach! ?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Internal Medicine 18 years experience
Zantac (ranitidine): If you have not already tried it, you can use Zantac (ranitidine). It's not a PPI. Of course, you should check with your regular doctor first to be sure.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jul 17, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.