hi i have a question. i was diagnosed with vasovagal syncope and pots (postural orthostatic tachicardia syndome) by a cardiologist 5 years ago. i am supposed to be taking betablockers but was so afraid to take it i never did. now, my symptoms are worse an

Dr. Clarence Grim
56 years experience Endocrinology
I did not believe Dr: IMHO it is usually bad judgement to ignore a Dr's advice when you have a severe problem just because you are worried about the medication. Many do very well on BB and become functional again. You do not know if you were one of those. But the decision is always up to the patient. If you do not feel normal I would see the Dr. who did the tests :recommendations. It is good feedback for the Dr.
Answered on Aug 22, 2015