Culleoka, TN

i have eczema but 1 recurrent spot on 1 finger looks different. raised white bump, dots inside, no pain or rednes. does herp whitlow present like this?

Dr. Georgia Latham
Doubtful: A herpetic whitlow is a lesion (whitlow) on a finger or thumb caused by the herpes simplex virus. It is a painful infection. Herpetic whitlow appears as a vesicular outbreaks on the hands and/or digits. It is most commonly due to infection by herpes simplex virus (HSV)-1, and often in children who suck their thumbs. Herpetic whitlow due to HSV-2 can occur, probably due to digital-genital contact