United Kingdom
A male asked:

I have had a stye on my left upper eyelid for7+months now it hasnt gone away.it doesnt affect my vision or anything but it is a red bump without head?

Dr. Ashwin Patel
43 years experience
Eyelid cyst: Looks like you had stye to start with. It has healed as far as the infection is concerned. But the swelling has now converted to a cyst that usually is painless. You can leave it alone and over a period of time it should shrink away. However you can have it removed surgically for cosmetic reasons. Please check with your insurance, if you have one, as they often will not cover a cosmetic surgery.

Last updated Aug 20, 2015