United Kingdom

i've an avulsion frcture of 5th metatarsal 9 days ago ,bruising almost gone,no pain foot can go flat to floor, should i try to walk without my crutch?

Dr. Robert Woodruff
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 15 years experience
5th metatarsal fx: Just because the pain is gone doesn't mean that you can go back to normal activities. It takes bone several weeks to heal enough to be stable without immobilization. With these fractures, patients are usually in a CAM boot or stiff sole shoe for 4-6 weeks. Weight bearing is protected for at least the first couple of weeks any then weight bearing is progressed in the boot or shoe.
Dr. Meeta Pancholi
Podiatry 26 years experience
No: This fracture is in a spot that can be reinjured easily as the tendon attachment is there. Bone takes 6-8 weeks to mend even though it may not hurt. Follow the advice of your surgeon carefully.