OK

Hi i'm prescribed four 2mg xanax a day and i just got a new job opportunity. id like to keep my anxiety disorder discret b/c i'm afraid it could keep me from getting the job. if i stop taking them now will it show up in urine test in 5 days and also does

Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology 14 years experience
Therapy?: Have you yet tried any form of psychotherapy? Typically, the optimal combination of things to treat emotional issues such as anxiety or depression is medication (which, on your best day, is supposed to take the edge off symptoms) but the real gruntwork takes place in psychotherapist's consulting room.
Dr. Matthew Smith
Taper: Your 2 mg per day would require informed tapering, to avoid withdrawal. And your anxiety symptoms will also return. Your best bet is to continue your prescribed medication, and if it shows up in a test, to simply establish that it is a prescribed medication.

Last updated Mar 23, 2016