United Kingdom

i have had cloudy urine for 3 days, i am drinking lots of water, no other symptoms?! it comes and goes throughout the day, freaking out please help!!

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 53 years experience
Entirely normal: Cloudy urine is not abnormal if it occurs without other symptoms like painful urination, urgency, or discharge. It's due to intake of fluids, various foods, etc. Cloudiness usually is from microscopic phosphate crystals; you can check this possibility by adding a few drops of vinegar to a urine sample, which probably will turn it crystal clear. This is nothing to worry about.